Relaunch of Journal Project

 


               During the early summer of 2000, I started keeping a journal, a reading journal for lack a better term.  I was lucky enough to be staying Copenhagen for a month, and during that time, I had brought the old Penguin edition of Lady Chatterley’s Lover and the Penguin edition of the trial over the book.  It was reading the trial book that I wanted to write in the book (English degree holder here) but considering the age of the book, I felt it was wrong.  SO I brought a journal and took notes.

               I’ve been doing so since then.  The date the book is started and, at the very least, what I thought about what I read.  Usually it’s more than that.  Quotes, questions, the noticing of errors, the note taking of facts, other books or authors.  When I was given a kindle, I started keeping a secondary journal – at the very least a list of what eBooks I have read and, if needed, any notes.

               Last year, I intended to write something that looked back at the entries, which fizzled.  This year, hopefully, I plan on making a typed copy of each journal, posting as I go.  I am keeping errors, though I am adding comments as I go.  Please be aware, if anyone is actually reading this, that some of these entries are from over 20 years ago.

Comments