Review: The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of the Whole Stupid World by Matt Kracht

 



Disclaimer: ARC via Netgalley.

Publication Date: Oct 2021.

               Can I just say this is  the world wide bird guide you should use?

               I think birds are funny.  I love sparrows.  They are so cool.  But let’s face it, this book is correct.  Birds can be stupid little f**kers.  Or at least mean ones.  I have seen birds dive bomb dogs.  And peacocks attack everything.  Or those birds that take all the cherries off the tree before you pick them.  Yes, I am bitter about that.  The tree was producing fruit for two years before I even got to try one.

               So yeah, birds aren’t really nice.

               And this book proves that.  Herein, you will discover the birds that do disgusting things with blood.  There are the birds who don’t really wear shoes.  The birds who think they are cool but aren’t really.

               Some of the humor does get a little repetitive.  The inclusion of other ways to look at birds on artwork is also quite funny.

               If you are a serious birdwatcher, you might want to skip this book.  But if you are like me and like birds because they can be mean little buggers, you might enjoy this.




Comments