Jan 2022 Round Up in Brief

 

According to Goodreads tracking, I read 35 books in the month of January.  This includes single issues comics and a couple dnf’s.  Whether or not I count a book I didn’t finish as a read for the month depends on when I stopped reading.  For instance, I stopped reading quite a few comics after a couple panels and didn’t count them, but once I reach between 50-100 pages, anything counts.

               According to my Librarything account, I started the month of January with 11,601 books to read.  I ended it with 11,582 (this includes books I added that brought during the month). 

               Highlights of the month-

Adele by Leila Slimani – This novel is about a woman who may or may be addicted to sex and how her husband responses to it.  The ending will not please all readers, but it is a gripping read.  It’s not so much that you like the main character, you just want her to do better.

Elvira: The Shape of Elvira #1 and Elvira #1 – These are so good.  I picked them up in 2020 when they were offered for free.  They are quite funny and Elvira kicks butt.

Britain’s Empire by Richard Gott -This was the Verso Book of the Month.  Gott presents a history of resistance and rebellion to the British and their empire.  Really well done.

The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead – just as good as the first time I read it.

Cut  by Mike Richardson  -this graphic novel is a really good horror story.

Great Courses: The History of Ancient Egypt  by Bob Brier – really good and nice in depth with lists of where to go next.

Comments