Out in July




Disclaimer: ARC via Netgalley

                One of the things I want to do is drive though the Hudson River Valley.  I have travelled though part of it by train.  In fact, the Amtrak ride from NYC to Montreal is a stunning, beautiful trip.  I highly recommend everyone take that rail journey at least once.  I do, however, want to drive though part of those towns. 

                And now, after reading this book, I have a couple more places I want to stop.

                Adamovic looks at the Hudson valley though the lenses of seasons.  Along the way, he hits places of historical importance – such as Sleepy Hollow.  The focus is mostly on the glorious scenery.  Adamovic places the wildlife in context, in other words it is just seasonal behavior but also text that details the fauna and flora.  The end of the book contains a location map and directions, making the book a practical work of art.


                 The photos of the flowers and animals are quite beautiful, including those photos of insect eating plants.  The deer photo in particular was adorable. 

Comments